Thursday, June 30, 2011

Singer Sewing Champion


I just embraced the new title,  Singer sewing machine whisperer.. I am trying my hand making a hand bag, with the patient and caring  teacher, Carmella.  The green design material will be the interior of the bag, it is very lovely.
Part of becoming a Singer whisperer is understanding and become Zen with your machine. Learning to sew with a 1930's machine, lets you embrace the mechanic inside you. I whipped out my mini-screw driver and tightened the bobbin, as well as gutted the old thread and replaced the upper threading. Sleeves rolled up, lips slapping slavia on cotton thread, looking for glasses I don't have or really need, struggling to get the thread back into the eye of the needle. It's like spearing a knat with a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment